Fury Unleashed has a comic book theme similar to Comix Zone, but it plays more like an exploration-based Contra. One or two players will explore vast randomized levels, navigating large rooms, searching for upgrades, and eventually battling against huge bosses. On top of leveling up the character and arsenal, and trying to stay alive, players can also try to maintain long combos to earn insane scores. The Roguelike elements ensure that not only is every playthrough different, but that players get a bit stronger each time. It's challenging and addicting.
- Ever-changing comic book – Explore the pages of a living comic book where ink is your most valuable resource and each room is a comic panel. Find out why John Kowalsky, author of the acclaimed Fury Unleashed series, is having a creativity crisis and see if you can help him deal with it.
- Gameplay-impacting combo system – Kill enemies quickly enough to unleash your fury and rip through everything in your way without getting injured. Learn to play flawlessly and beat the entire game in one epic combo!
- Game customization options – Choose challenging Hard mode, which will test your skills, or Easy mode, where you can adjust the difficulty parameters to your liking. Go solo or bring in a friend for a local or online co-op session. Choose your hero's skills to match your playstyle, customize their appearance, or even replace their face graphic with your own!
- Roguelite with soft permadeath – Discover worlds created by a mix of hand-designed levels and procedural generation algorithms. Choose the best items to assist you in your playthrough and unlock permanent upgrades when you'll die for your subsequent runs.
- Unique settings – Play through the pages of visually distinct comic books, each with its own enemies, and overcome a total of 40 bosses. All accompanied by an epic soundtrack composed by Adam Skorupa and Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, the musical creators for The Witcher, Bulletstorm, and Shadow Warrior 2.
The boxed editions of the game, titled Fury Unleashed - Bang!! Edition, will include a unique slipcover with comic-themed art and a "Hive Queen Boss" keychain.